Wednesday, April 29, 2009

From City to City.

I haven't really wrote on here in a few weeks. I think it's mainly because I've been really busy with school and catching up with all of the end of the semester papers and school work. But, I have a little time right now, so I figured I'd actually write.

Talking about the end of the semester, I'm starting to get really anxious because I am going to see Katie in a week and a day from today. It is all really exciting to me and it has truly been an adventure up until this point. But, if I'm honest with myself, I am really nervous internally. I'm going to meet her family which is going to be huge. And just being with her for the first time in forever will be amazing and interesting. I think I'm actually just freaking myself out more than I need to. It's just that I get so nervous because I don't want to mess anything up. And Katie tells me to just be myself, which I'm obviously going to do, but it is still nerve wracking! Maybe I do just need to calm down and not worry about it. I mean, we have been praying about it individually and together. That means everything should run how it is supposed to, right? I have trust in God and he has been making me feel so alive through Katie even though she is an ocean and a few countries away. Honestly though, with the whole Katie thing, I feel like Sam is the only one who understands. And I get that other people don't understand it, and at least almost all of my friends still support me in my decisions even though they might not get it. But, I just wish they could know how much this all means to me. Josh texted me yesterday from his Regional Tournament in Tennessee and asked how Katie was doing. And even that small gesture meant so much to me. It made me feel like he actually cared about me and the relationship. Not that he didn't already care... I don't know... it just meant a lot to me.

I also have the opportunity to go to one of three different countries this winter for missions. The choices are between India, Kenya, or going back to the Dominican. I have always wanted to go to Africa, but I think I am going to go to India. India is pretty intriguing to me, which I mainly attribute to my liking of the movie Slumdog Millionaire. Plus, the main reason is that I'd be going with Kyle, his brother, and Josh. It would just be us four. I think that would be an amazing experience... just to go into the slums of India with a few of my closest friends and share love and Jesus. I'm actually really excited about it all. I just have to decide if I want to raise money or spend my own money. But, I'm almost positive it will be India at this point. I want to pray about it a little longer though. I'm just all about going whereever Jesus wants me.

Life always seems to stay interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment